Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Final Week

Wow, what a week it has been. So I got my reassignment on Thursday night to Scottsdale, Arizona and I was supposed to leave the MTC yesterday morning. Some complications came up and I wasn't able to go yesterday and then the servers were down AS WELL as it being a holiday all day yesterday. So with all that lack of communication, I have been stuck in limbo, not knowing my fate. It was crazy watching everyone in my district leave to their various destinations. When I find out I will send an update ASAP, meanwhile, pray for me to be able to get out to the field!
Happy Elder Clark and his New Assignment
So the reassignment was definitely a highlight of this week, but just as great was our Tuesday night devotional with Elder Neil L. Anderson! He spoke to us about pushing through trials and how The Lord gives each of us specific trials so that we can grow and learn. It was so awesome. Once again it was broadcast to MTC's all around the world and it was the largest gathering of missionaries to meet and watch a devotional in church history. I love being a part of history, it is an amazing feeling knowing that The Lord is hastening his work and I am one of his soldiers! After the devotional, we had to stay for about 15 extra minutes because it was storming outside. Finally they told us the lighting had stopped and we could make our way back to the campus.... what they didn't tell us is that it was still pouring rain. As we ran back to campus, we became soaked from top to bottom. My suit smelled and was just drenched. It was so much fun though and it was just one of many experiences like that I expect to have in the next two years. 
 
Soaked Missionaries
For sacrament meeting on Sunday, my district sang "A Child's Prayer" in Portuguese for our departure musical number. I think I like the words in Portuguese better than the words in English. Sunday night was the last night my district was all together. We decided to give departure blessings Sunday night to everyone. The spirit was so strong as each missionary got a blessing, and it was amazing how different and personal each blessing was. The Lord truly puts words in the mouths of men giving blessings. I can only remember a few things I said in the blessings that I gave. Another Elder told me that a couple phrases are word for word exactly what he wanted to say if he was giving the blessing. After we finished the blessings, we all sang “The Spirit of God” together. It sounded so beautiful. The spirit was just overflowing from our room. What an incredible night. I love this gospel.


A Childs Prayer
Words and music by Janice Kapp Perry

1. Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
"Suffer the children to come to me."
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.
2. Pray, he is there;

Speak, he is list'ning.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer;
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav'n.


A Childs Prayer
Words and Music By Janice Kapp Perry
(In Portuguese)

1. Meu Pai Celeste, estás mesmo aí?
Ouves e atendes da criança a oração?
Alguém me disse que é longe o céu
Mas sinto-Te perto quando oro a Ti.
Meu Pai Celeste, relembrando estou
O que Jesus a Seus discípulos falou:
"Os pequeninos deixai vir a mim."
Pai, nesta prece eu me achego a Ti.
2. Sim, perto está.

Sim, Ele te ouve.
Pois é teu Pai e muito te ama.
Com terno amor, ama as crianças,
Pois delas é o reino, o reino do céu.


I saw Sister Moyes on Thursday too! During our 10 HOUR field orientation for departing missionaries! She is great and will make a great missionary! (She is Elder Clark's brother-in-law's sister)

Not much more has happened, just wrapped things up and now waiting to get out to the field to work! They did close the pillow room up and put up a sign saying "No Missionaries Pass This Point" which was a major bummer, but we did get our fun out of it so it was ok. 

Sorry it was so short this week mas Todo Bien! 
Amo Voces!  

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment