Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Breaking Barriers

 Feb. 10, 2014

Ft. Apache Elders
This week FLEW by. Now we are on the last week of the transfer. Our goal this transfer for church attendance was 200. People thought that goal was outrageous, unattainable and wishful thinking, but through hard work and all glory to God, this Sunday we had..... drumroll.......... 205 attend! We broke the mark with one more Sunday of the transfer left! It was so exciting! At the same time our Priesthood holders are lacking in numbers. We missionaries sorta double the active Melchizedek Priesthood holders. But that is ok. We got 200! Now on to phase 2.  :)

I love being here, everyone pray that I will stay over this transfer. I am so excited for the things to come here.  The work is truly progressing! My favorite thing here is working with the youth and preparing people to enter the temple. More specifically, the young men! They are great and they are all so excited to see so many people at church. There were enough of them in attendance to pass the Sacrament and were so excited to talk about it in class. They can feel the progression! A recently reactivated member has asked me and Elder V to attend the temple with her as she goes through next month. I am so excited to be able to do that and see her continue to progress in this gospel!

We had interviews with President Sweeney. He is an incredible man, and I love being able to associate with him and his wife. I do miss being in the valley and seeing them every day. But it was good to see them this week!

This work is real. This gospel is true, and Jesus Christ lives.

I love you all! Until next week!

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment