Monday, July 14, 2014

Whatta Tragedy

July 14, 2014
I solved it!
(Could it a coincidence with staying home all day?)
I think this week was one of the saddest weeks in Brazilian history... Of course the biggest news here is the terrible loss to Germany in the World Cup... The people here are taking it pretty well I guess, pretty much everyone laughs in disbelief. We were watching the first half and after Brazil allowed 5 Goals, which was one of the most unbelievable moments in my life... but we received a call that we needed to return home immediately... and good thing too because as we were walking home, a ton of people yelled and cussed at us… because I look German... but they yelled at me in English.. Calling me German... I don’t quite get that part but oh well. The good part is we arrived home without any trouble! The next day we had to stay in our house for the whole day... probably one of the longest days of my life.. haha But now the World Cup is over and work will start to be normal again. It’s a hard thing to do missionary work during the World Cup.

We lost a lot of days of work here this week BUT none the less we had some success this week. As of right now we have 7 people preparing themselves for baptism! We met Thiaze and Cima this week. They are a mother and a daughter. They are awesome and they really like the idea of eternal families. They are great and I can’t wait to see where they go!
Acai -  A Favorite Dessert
Still the hardest thing is getting people to come to church. I don’t know why that is the hardest thing for people but it is.. And it’s one of the most frustrating things too because you work all week to try and see them and church, and then your heart is broken when the meetings all end and they didn’t show.
As for me, I am doing great. What an incredible month July has been and it’s only gonna get better! I am excited for my birthday! (His Birthday is July 18th) HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!! Ask Dad for your present from me tomorrow ;)

I love you all.
Until Next week!!

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment