Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Continued Progress

January 20, 2014

This has been yet another great week. It seemed WAY to short but then when I look back on it, the things that happened seemed like a year ago. Time works in mysterious ways on the mission!

This week we had a lot of visits. We taught a lot of lessons and found a lot of success... one thought we had last week with all those members showing up was that it could have been a one-time thing, so we worked really hard to have the success again! And we did! This week we had 174 people (at church)! A lot of the people that came last week weren’t actually there this week. A lot that were in church this week weren’t here last week. Which makes us really excited because once we get ALL of the people coming regularly; we will have more people than can fit in this little branch building!

Branch Temple Day
The most tender part of this week was Saturday. Elder Blankenship and I were able to join the branch in going to the temple. A couple weeks ago, I told you about a man and his wife that came back to church after 30 years ago. They (Brother and Sister Cheney) were able to attend with us and actually do the work for their deceased teenage son. I don’t think I have ever been happier than 1. To see these people I have grown to love be inside the temple for the first time and 2. Watch Brother Cheney do the work for his son and see the love that he has for his son and this gospel. I am so grateful I was able to witness that moment and be a part of it. The Lord has blessed me in SO many ways and I am so grateful that I am where I am. Brazil will come. But, boy do I love Whiteriver.

The Lord has special things in store for each and every one of us and I know that if we patiently wait and work for his blessings, he will, in his time, pour them upon us. I love this Gospel, I love the Lord and I cannot begin to express my thanks to him for the experience that I am having!

I love you all and miss you all lots!

 Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment