Thursday, March 27, 2014

Unexpected Changes

March 24, 2014
The biggest news of this week is that I am leaving my beautiful home of Ft. Apache. I will be a zone leader in the valley next week. I am heartbroken that I have to leave the people of Whiteriver, but I know the Lord has a plan. I have really grown to love and adore the people here. So many of them make so much with what little they have. I have learned so much from everyone that I have worked with and I am SO incredibly thankful for the opportunity to work here. If it was my choice, I would stay here, and stay, and stay. I love this work though, and it will be the same business in the valley as here.

Elder Clark holding a Glovers Silk Moth
 We had a lot of success this week and so great things are going to happen here. I know it. More and more missionaries are being prepared to come here and the work will continue. A highlight of the week was definitely Sunday. President and Sister Sweeney visited so that made it great, but also an investigator of ours, who is a great man, finally made it to church after months of working! He has finally cut back his schedule and is able to attend on Sundays! He will be baptized in April. I was pretty discouraged because most of the people we had planned for the Sunday, texted or called us with one kind of excuse or another. But then, about 10 minutes late, Andrew, our main man Andrew comes in! It was great to have him! He already has sights on the temple and will be a fantastic Priesthood holder because he just gets it, he really does.

This week was just full of work and visits with people. I am so happy to be on a mission for my Savior and grateful for the time I had to be here. Next time you hear from me, I will be in the HOT valley.

Love you all,
Until next week!

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment