Monday, June 23, 2014

A Change Is Comin!

June 23, 2014

New Companion - Elder  Xavier
Man, what a week. What a roller coaster of emotions the mission is.... this week was really good but full of different things. We had a meeting with the whole mission with our president because he will leave in just a few weeks. Then we will receive a new president. I have a feeling a lot of things will change in our mission with the new president. You would think I would be used to change by now but, it still freaks me out a little.

       As for the change of companions, Elder Xavier is crazy good. Honestly, like a dream companion! I can’t wait for what will happen this transfer. This week was a lot of taking him around and meeting the
Elder Xavier and Elder Clark
members and our investigators, We are going to start up a lot of things here, the first thing is next Saturday we will be starting an English class, which everyone seems real excited for. Great things are about to come forth in Recanto Das Emas! We found the most incredible family this week, they are ´´prepared´´ if I have ever met prepared people. They already are giving us names of people we can go visit! Our first lesson with them was one of the most spiritual lessons of my mission. I was really fumbling over my words, so I just started to bear my testimony and the words just came. It was incredible. He learned about the church through a friend at work, read some things on the internet and he had a lot of questions. We explained the Book of Mormon to him and he was so happy. He held the book and said ´´All I will do is study from this, learn from this, I don’t need the internet´´ It is the greatest feeling when people truly understand this gospel!

                Claudio is going strong! He was confirmed this Sunday as a member of the church... and guess who did it.. yup.. the only one at church that DOESNT speak Portuguese. 5 minutes before Sacrament Meeting, the Bishop came to me and told me Claudio would like me to do the confirmation. Boy,  was I nervous... I confirmed him, gave him a blessing and besides my shaking, it was good! The members told me I spoke clearly and directly and that it seemed like I had a lot more time here in Brazil than 2 and a half months. I don’t remember a lot of what I said but I am so grateful for that tender opportunity had to perform that ordinance. After church we had choir practice and Claudio showed up! He doesn’t know the hymns but, he was engaged and learning. He will be a great member. Everyone already loves him and knows him in the ward.

                Today is the third game of Brazil! P-day will literally be all day today! In my heart I am cheering for my home USA because I heard they are playing really well, but of course I am repping my Brazil style and cheering for them with everyone else!
Love you all, keep the faith!
Until next week!

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment