Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A World Of Yellow And Green!


June 9, 2014



Things are getting pretty exciting here for the World Cup. All over the cities people have been painting their houses, the streets, the curbs the colors of Brazil and Hanging flags and things around too! It’s been really cool to see and everyone is pumped! As missionaries, we have been given permission to watch all of the Brazil games, but just that. And we have to watch at a member’s house, and after we have to go straight back home and stay there for the day. It’s going to be one giant party! The first game will be this week and I will report how it goes!

As for missionary work! It’s going well. The highlight is Claudio. I wrote about him last time, but we had family night with him and his family Tuesday. My companion and I planned really hard for the message and everything so that it would be just right for him. We ended our message with singing a hymn to the family. Afterwards we invited him to be baptized. The spirit was so strong, Claudio said, ´´Let’s do it!´´ Ahhh, it was so great! After, he said the closing prayer, first time for him in public ever. It was so great and sincere and I am so pumped for him. He will be baptized this Sunday by his son! We stopped by his house the next day, and the first thing he asked was ´´When will we start preparing for my baptism´´.... Umm, today Claudio! He is awesome and I am so excited for him and his family.
Wet Elder


I sure do miss cars...  one day a huge rain storm from nowhere hit us as we were walking and we got real wet... We had to work in wet clothes for the rest of the day.  Next week is transfers and I will probably get a new companion because Elder Queiroz has been here forever.

I love you all and thank you for your prayers!

-Elder Clark






Elder Neil L. Anderson's Visit
(Elder Clark is standing on the left front)
Here is a link to an article about Elder Anderson's visit to Brazil: 



No comments:

Post a Comment