Monday, October 6, 2014

A Special Witness

September 29, 2014
P-day in Brasilia
 This week was the best week I have had in a long time. Lots of things happened, I learned and grew a whole lot, and I had a whole lot of fun doing it all! We are finding a lot of people to teach and have a great group of people we are working with. Although this area was made for a car and we walk miles every day, I love it here. My companion is great and I believe we are going to see a whole lot of miracles in the next few weeks!

Speaking of miracles, one thing I absolutely love about being a missionary is that we see and receive a crazy amount of miracles. For example, one night we had to get to the church because we had to share the message for an activity there but the problem was that we were about an hour and a half walking distance and the activity was going to start in 30 minutes. As we were walking my companion said, it would be real cool if a member passed by and gave us a ride... no more than 5 minutes later, a member passed by and gave us a ride to the activity! Since then, we have received a lot of rides, and food and blessings. I didn’t quite realize how blessed we are as missionaries until my companion and I were talking about all the blessing we get as missionaries, service, random rides, free food, free shoe shines from stranger (happened to my companion) the love of people because of the black tag we have, all these blessings are going to be a whole lot more rare when we get home. The scripture in the Bible, in Matthew 19:29 is so true. As missionaries we are truly blessed.
McDonalds!

We are teaching a whole lot of people, but I just want to talk about a few experiences we have had this week. One man we are teaching is VERY smart, especially about religion. He studied religion in college, but now owns a sandwich business. I don’t know how that happened.... after talking with him for a while; we found out that all his personal beliefs are on the same lines as the doctrines of the church! He then said ``Wow, I am Mormon and I didn’t even know it!” haha Not quite Alberto;) but we have had real good lessons with him, and he even gave us a ride to the church and we gave him a tour, he loved it!

Another cool experience was with a family we are teaching, they brought a friend who also knows a lot about religion but is very different then Alberto, she just spent the whole time asking questions to test our knowledge and she didn’t want to accept any of our answers, especially about the Book of Mormon. Finally I just testified about the Book of Mormon, and its truthfulness, and how it is a special witness of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and how we don’t worship the book, but we USE it to worship our Savior and become closer to Him. After I finished talking, she was silent and barely talked for the rest of the lesson. I don’t know if I will ever see her again, but I hope she was touched and we helped her in some way. ``You can’t argue with a ´´Special Witness`` -Brad Wilcox. I am so excited for general conference, where we get to hear from special witnesses of God!

I love this gospel, I love being a missionary. I have so much more to write about this week but I just don’t have time. We went on a mini trip to Brasilia today to see the sights so my time is very short on the computer. I love you all and thank you for EVERYTHING!


Elder Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment