Monday, October 13, 2014

Blessings

October 6, 2014
Elder Clark

This week, and this transfer have been full of difficulties and blessings. I am so grateful to my Savior for the experiences and what I have learned. Until this week, even 5 months later, I find myself missing Scottsdale, Arizona terribly. The experience I had there and the happiness I had there is indescribable and I found myself thinking and wanting to return to my first mission. But this week I really took some time to think about that. I have been a little frustrated here because I have not been finding the same kind of success I found in Arizona. I really have been working hard but not seeing much progress until this week. Although I haven’t had as much success as I would like with the people we work with, the growth within myself I have realized has been incredible. The lessons I am learning about myself and what kind of man I am and will be have been incredible. Although we aren’t finding a WHOLE lot of success here, we have been receiving little blessings for our work.

We worked our nametags off this week, trying to find someone, anyone that we could really teach. Friday, we were walking in the heat, and I told my companion that I have been waiting this whole transfer for a miracle to happen because we have been working so hard, but no one seems to be listening, my companion who has more faith then me told me to just wait a little longer and we will get one! Sure enough, conference weekend was the weekend of our miracle! As we were sitting in conference, a member came to us with a woman and her daughter. The first thing she said to us is that she wants to be baptized... WHAT IN THE WORLD? She just moved here from Manaus, Brazil, her brother is a member and she wants to learn more about our church and be baptized!! The Lord works in mysterious ways for sure. Although she came to us, with no work on our part, I believe that Heavenly Father blessed us for the work that we have been doing. I love my Savior.

Another blessing God sent to us was rain!!!! It rained 3 days in a row! haha and the temperature has cooled off! It is still hot, but just less hot!

I also love my Prophets and Apostles. Conference weekend was great! https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng Questions and prayers were answered!! Our only other investigator and her mom went to ALL the sessions of conference and they said that lots of their questions were answered! We are going to visit them tonight. I know that the Apostle are men of God and truly speak for him. I am so grateful for this Gospel and the direction it has given me in my life. 

I am doing well, I am happy and I am growing more than I ever thought I could. I love you all and thank you for everything!!


Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment