Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Return....

Nov 3, 2014



This week was absolutely nuts! But, that is my life on the mission, haha when I really get in my groove and I am comfortable, EVERYTHING changes.
The beginning of the week was great! The rain started and almost every day we have had rain! It’s been wonderful, and not nearly as hot. The last few weeks we have been searching really hard for people who are ready for the gospel and we finally found a few of them and things were looking great for our area. We had been praying and praying for ideas to help our area and we came up with great plans and we set up meetings with different leaders and everything was going so well! We marked a couple baptisms for the weeks to come, the first baptisms in this area in over a year!

Everything was perfect, and that is why the Lord changed everything on me! Friday we were making lunch in our house when the assistants called, I answered it and they told me that me and Elder Magana will go to Recanto Das Emas... and I said ``cool, what are we gonna do there´´ and they told me that we would be working there from now on, and that we will leave tomorrow.... what...? So we spent Friday packing our bags and cleaning our apartment. Saturday we arrived here in Recanto... yes, I returned to my only other area. We also split up. He is working in the south part of Recanto while I am in the north part. I am now companions with Elder Bento from Sao Paulo. Sunday was real funny, no one believed that I come back to stay. So I will be here in Recanto for at least the next 4 weeks. As for our people in Taguatinga, we passed them all on to Elder Beale and his companion so now they are missionaries of almost 3 cities. I hope they can continue to help the area there grow!

Elder Magana and I are still Zone Leaders, but we are separated now and spend a lot of time talking on the phone. We don’t live in the same house so that makes things a lot more difficult but we will figure out how to work with it. The Lord is full of surprises but life is good, and it keeps me on my toes. I love this work and it doesn’t matter where I serve.

I love you all and until next week!!

Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment