Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Desperation


Mar 30, 2015



Elders
Man, this week was very... interesting. We met a whole lot of people and taught a whole lot. We are working as hard as we know how but the thing is that no one is really listening, story of my life right now. We found some really good people this week though. I am super excited to teach some of them this week. We found one young man (that is 19) when we were knocking doors. It started to rain while we were talking and he told us that we shouldn’t enter his house because of problems that they have there. So, we invited him to come to the church with us because he lives pretty close, and he says “why not?” Saturday we taught him at the church with another young man that was already there. We are real excited about him! We have found a lot of new people to work with! I just hope that next week, I am not transferred!

One day we walked passed the church and the young men were playing a game called ``Bate Bola`` in the middle of the street. It’s a game that for sure I’ll bring to the states to play. You have 2 teams of two players and it’s basically baseball but with only 2 bases and 2 players. I don’t know how to explain it but we played with them for a little bit and it was so much fun! My companion and I lost the first game, because we were still learning. But after that no one could beat us! I should’ve have taken a picture but I didn’t even think to do so!
More Tile Work

The biggest challenge we have is getting people to church! We were so sick of almost nobody coming to church that we spent the first hour and a half of church running around the city, trying to get everyone we know to church... but the thing is EVERYONE that we passed have some sort of excuse or wasn’t even home. We got so desperate that we started inviting people on the street to come to church and knocking on doors inviting them to wake up and go to church with us! We actually got 3 people to come visit with us that way! We had not met them before but we are going to their home today to teach their families! Yesterday was a tiring Sunday.

This is the last week of one more transfer. I can’t believe how fast it is going. Sometimes I get a little down because I feel like I don’t have anything to show for all the work I have been doing. But I know the Lord has his plans and his way of doing things. I am so grateful for all the experiences I have had that have changed and shaped me. I love this gospel and I love this work.


With much love,
Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment