Monday, May 12, 2014

Feliz Dia das Mães!


Elder Clark with President and Sister Gaertner
At His Arrival in the Brazil Brasilia Mission 

May 12, 2014
It was so wonderful to speak with my family yesterday! I love you all so much and am so grateful for you all!
Thank you Chris and Ari for the example to me of how to live this gospel in every way!
Thank you Abby and Gregg for the example of how to treat one another!
Thank you Jenny and Kofi for the example of love you show me with your family!
Thank you Sarah and Chris for the example of just working hard and getting it done!
Thank you Melanie the example of faith and how to live happy!
And of course, thank you Mombo and Dad for your incredible example to me in all things. For the love and support I feel from you every day. For raising me the way you did and for raising me in this gospel!

Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you guys and your examples to me! You have shaped who I am and who I will be. I love you all, forever!

I don’t have much to tell about this week, We just did a lot of trying to find new people to teach, we found some success but we will really see how much success next week when we follow up with all of them.

I want to just share a simple testimony.
I know that this Church is true with all my heart. Every day, something happens that just continues to confirm that for me. All that this Church does is not possible without an all-powerful, divine force directing it. I know that. I have seen the Church function in different parts of the world now and how incredible is it that I can sit in a class on Sunday in Arizona, and then a couple weeks later, learn the same thing, the same principles in Brazil. It’s unreal to me. I know his church has the authority of God and was established by our Savior. I know we have a living prophet today, who speaks with God and leads His people. I am so grateful for eternal families and the power the family has. It breaks my heart to see people not accept or fall away from this Church because I know there is no other way. Everything just makes sense and the feelings you can receive through the Holy Ghost are real. The Gospel is not easy, but that is why we have a Savior. With Him, it becomes so much easier. I know He lives, I know He loves us, and I know He will always help us. He guides through prayer and through His holy scriptures. I have grown to adore the scriptures and the stories they contain. I love this work, I love this Gospel, I love my family and I love My Redeemer.

I hope every Mom had a wonderful Mother’s Day. You all deserve it!

Love you all and thanks for everything!

Elder Samuel Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment