Monday, January 5, 2015

He is the Reason!

12/29/14
Package From Home!
Christmas was very good. Lots of food and great packages from home! The best part, of course, was my skype call with the family! I miss and love my family so much, and it was great to see and talk with many of them! After I closed the laptop, it hit me that I still have so much work to do here! So, the work began again.  

I can’t believe 2014 is over. What a year it was! It passed by so fast and I am so excited for the adventures of 2015! Bring it on.

This week we were just on the hunt for members that had fallen from the church. This is our main focus now. How can we bring people into a home (the church) if its foundation is weak? I love working with less actives and really hope that the work will get better every single week. The number of people in church was about 70 again. But, it will get better this coming week for sure! 

Familiar Picture
We had to go do two interviews in a city about an hour away from here. While we were at the bus station, a man just started talking English with us. He actually spoke very well and we got on the bus and sat with him. We explained who we are, why we are here and everything... in English! haha While we were on the bus, everyone was very confused why us 3 were speaking English, because the bus was super full and lots of people were around us. One group of teenagers started talking about us and saying that we must be from England and what not, thinking that we didn’t understand them. We told them we are Americans (in Portuguese) and then one young women said “I think they understand us” hahaha then the phone rang and I had to talk to another missionary in Portuguese and everyone on the bus got real quite with surprised looks on their faces it was great! Then I just started talking to some of them about who we are and everything. It was a very funny bus ride and we got the interest of many people. 

We finally had a meeting with our Branch president and made up a plan for our Branch here! We are going to work very closely with the leadership and everything is looking great for the branch here.
Life is sweet and the work is good! Love you all! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a great new year!


Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment